Presented a half-day workshop on this topic at the CPA Australia Newcastle Convention this afternoon. Seemed to go well – had some good discussions. This is basically an updated version of the same presentation I delivered at the Victorian CPA Congress last October.
See the updated slide pack on SlideShare.
The details are as follows:
- A toolkit approach to organisational comms – an overview of a range of comms media that can be used.
- Understanding the social media revolution – understand how much things are changing around us.
- Engaging and collaborating – working through a number of Web 2.0 tools, their applications and results.
- Segmenting the audience – understanding diverse styles and needs.
- Putting it all together – how to assemble a program of both traditional and Web 2.0 tools, with some specific case studies.
For anyone that attended the conference that may be interested – I referred to a recent article about the issues facing the newspaper industry. The article in question is “Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable”, by Clay Shirky. You can see it here: http://www.shirky.com/weblog/2009/03/newspapers-and-thinking-the-unthinkable/