Keith September 12th, 2007
Godin advises us to “Relax. Don’t work so hard. Take a little time off. Chill out!” So how do we get everything done? Godin says, “there’s no correlation between success and hours worked”. He suggests:
- Maybe the new economy does not favour the speed-to-market; first-mover-advantage, winner-takes-all mind set.
- Maybe it’s time to re-evaluate this work ethic.
- Maybe the current marathon work culture is nothing but an excuse to avoid making the hard decisions.
- Maybe work expands to fill the time allotted for it.
- Maybe understanding the key issues and making decisions about how to act on them can be the secret to success.
… which leads to these questions:
- How would you rate your corporate work ethic?
- How is your time-management?
- How well do you understand the key issues your best clients are facing?